Sunday, September 21, 2008

Savannah Checks In


Saw the new blog and thought I'd write in! My mom is a volunteer with AGA and I love her SO much. She adopted me 3 years ago when I was only 15 months old. My family was moving and said they couldn't take me - imagine that!




The first thing my mom did was take me to obedience classes and give me lots of exercise. She says I'm a perfect, beautiful golden retriever (ahem, thanks!). Mom says I have a gift. She brings orphans home for us to foster and they are so sad. I really go out of my way to make them feel better cuz usually they are depressed and scared and typically, as you have surely seen, they don't know how to play and be a light-hearted, loved golden retriever as they were born and bred to be. I teach them how to play, what it means to trust humans, how to sleep on the bed, how to wangle treats from mom, and where to go potty (outside!). I have housetrained about 26 fosters--pretty good record for a 4 year old dog! They call me the Foster Angel!




This past summer I got to spend a month in Colorado Springs and went to this amazing dog park every night. I like to run up and greet everyone I meet and they all say the same thing: "Boy, you're a happy one aren't you?" Well, gosh, of course I am. Thanks, AGA!!!

No comments: